Sunday, July 22, 2007

Potatoes, Apples, and Watching Chickens Wander the Yard

My brother's family is in town so I drove myself and my uncle to mom and dad's house for a free breakfast. We visited for a while and when I got restless, I returned home.

While at mom and dad's I saw a photo of a local woman picking 'early apples' to get rid of the weaker ones. I consulted my uncle on the short drive home and he agreed it would be a good idea.

So I picked 15 to 20 pounds of small, mis-shapen apples and I dumped them so the deer can eat them under my hunting blind.

Then I picked potatoes and let the chickens roam the yard. I did some maintenance in the coop while the hens wandered. Today is much hotter than yesterday during the family picnic.

I'll walk to my uncle's house soon to watch the Red Sox game. Tomorrow, I pick up my brother and drive him to CT for work on my return to NYC.

It's an idyllic day.

No comments: