Saturday, July 21, 2007

Familiar Times

My cats are nestled around my legs and I sit, happy in my home. We had our Somero family picnic this afternoon at my house and I am simply content and happy as I always am afterwards.

Somero Family Picnic 2007

I own 1/3 of my grandfather's original property. A brook flows through a valley at the bottom of my land and my property includes part of an old cow pasture and hay field. Shortly after my family bought the property, we have had picnics near the brook and this goes back to the 1920s and 30s.

Uncle Edwin at the Family Picnic 1

Once a summer, as many of us who can gather congregate, preferably at my house in the old family property. We laugh, we eat, we tell age-worn jokes, and just enjoy each other's company.

Kids swam in the brook. We played horseshoes. A young relative fed and watered my laying hens relentlessly. I barbecued a broiler that I raised earlier in the spring and summer.

The Natural Dwight Tries For a Ringer 1

Edwin Tries For a Ringer 1

Dean Throws a Shoe 1

We enjoyed familiar times.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. All the best in your photographic adventures! Blessings, e-Mom